Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
J Steadman & Sons are funeral directors in Doncaster, and we are proud to be one of the longest standing businesses in our area, dating back to 1875. Three generations of the Steadman family have managed our South Yorkshire funeral directors. We conduct unique and dignified funerals for families in Doncaster, with the help of an experienced team that carry out every detail with compassion and integrity. We also have two chapels of rest should you wish to visit your loved one. Please get in touch to find out more about our caring funeral services.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01302 344444 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At J Steadman & Sons Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address3 Balby Road Doncaster DN4 0RB GB
Parking and Directions
There is car parking available at the funeral home.
We are situated on the A630 between Kwik Fit and the Shell Petrol Station.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01302 344444 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||08:30 - 17:00|
|Tue||08:30 - 17:00|
|Wed||08:30 - 17:00|
|Thu||08:30 - 17:00|
|Fri||08:30 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 4 Reviews
- Rating 5.029 November 2018All went very smoothly. Help and advise freely given where needed. A very professional service.Response on behalf of J Steadman & Sons Funeral Directors30 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.028 October 2018They went above and beyond the call of duty and all were very kind and curteous. The service was exactly as i wanted.
Everything was done with great dignity.Response on behalf of J Steadman & Sons Funeral Directors29 October 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.020 October 2018All the staff we met were very polite and efficient. The funeral director on the day was especially thoughtful and made sure everything went smoothly despite some hiccups which were out of his controlResponse on behalf of J Steadman & Sons Funeral Directors22 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.018 October 2018All the staff that we met were extremely supportive at an emotional time for us. Everything was done with the utmost respect and dignity. The staff were proactive when necessary and helped us get through a difficult period. The staff also responded promptly to enquiries and provided reassurance that we were in safe experienced hands. I would like to express my gratitude to the team at Steadman for their professionalism and high quality service.Response on behalf of J Steadman & Sons Funeral Directors18 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am glad that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed. I am happy to hear that we were able to help ease any worries that you may have had.