Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
Welcome, we are Armitage Funeral Directors in Thorne. We are honoured to have had the opportunity to help our local families and the families of Moorsend, Fishlake and other surrounding areas for more than 50 years in their time of need. We understand how difficult this time can be, which is why we will do everything we can to ease your burden and arrange the funeral you want for your loved one. Whether you want to have a cremation, a traditional or religious funeral or a contemporary service, we will make it happen. Our funeral home has wash and dress facilities and a chapel of rest should you wish to spend time with your loved one on the days leading up to the funeral. Our funeral home has been extended and refurbished over the years to maintain high standards of facilities and to ensure you feel comfortable within our walls. You, your family and your loved one are our priority. If there is anything we can do to help you in this difficult time, please let us know. You can reach us at any time, day or night, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us whenever you need. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01405 812202 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At Armitage Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
AddressThe Chilterns 3A Field Road Thorne DN8 4AG GB
Parking and Directions
We have parking available at our funeral home.
We are located opposite Sainsbury's on Field Road
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01405 812202 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 2 Reviews
- Rating 5.06 November 2018The service provided was excellent, from taking out the funeral plan right up to and including the funeral. We were treated with dignity and sensitivity throughout. Everything went very smoothly. Thank you to all the staff.Response on behalf of Armitage Funeral Directors6 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.05 November 2018We can't thank Paul and all the staff at Armitage's enough for all there help and compassion in everything they did for us at this most sad time in our family's life.Response on behalf of Armitage Funeral Directors6 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed at this difficult time and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.