Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
Edgbaston Funeral Directors
Founded over 100 years ago by the Scott family, W H Scott & Son Funeral Directors have helped many families in Birmingham through difficult times. Our founding family are still involved with the business and the local community of Edgbaston. Our funeral home was once a launderette, acquired over 80 years ago. Over the years changes have been made and the original stables were adapted to become garages for our fleet. Later, we added a tunnel to keep our cars dry in preparation for funeral services. We are proud of our heritage, and we work will all kinds of families to arrange unique and personal funerals. We can conduct religious ceremonies, and we welcome people of all cultures and ethnicities. After all, our community is dear to us. Whatever type of funeral service you want for your loved one, we will be able to help. You can sit down with us to discuss what you want to happen, picking your favourite flowers or perhaps a memorial. We are here to support you when you need us, as we have been for many others in the past. You can get in touch with us by telephone at any time of the day. Whenever you need our support, give us a call.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 0121 558 8801 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At W H Scott & Son Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address426 Rotton Park Rd Edgbaston Birmingham B16 0LA GB
Parking and Directions
There is free street parking available and additional parking on Dugdale Street.
We are located on the corner of Rotton Park Road and Dudley Road.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 0121 558 8801 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 6 Reviews
- Rating 5.030 October 2018W H Scott & Son have to be one of the most 'talked about' Funeral Directors in our community. Following my fathers death Clare dealt with the family as a whole unit - My sibling who is based in the USA was able to join the first meeting via FaceTime. Everyone was made to feel included and the process of 'what to do next' was explained concisely. The caring explanations continued throughout and what was achieved was the most amazing, dignified and wonderful send off for an extremely loved individual. Mr Scott and his team went over and beyond to make the day special - this is not just a job it's a calling! Thank you to a wonderful team inc Simon & Emma xResponse on behalf of W H Scott & Son Funeral Directors30 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that the arrangements for your Father were carried out by our team to your satisfaction and that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family.
- Rating 5.022 October 2018The staff were very compassionate. They made the experience easy to manage with their constructive help and advice.
We have been so impressed that we have instructed our family to always use WH Scott/Dignity.Response on behalf of W H Scott & Son Funeral Directors23 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.06 October 2018Very good service...would recommend this company. was very professional from the 1st time I made contact with them until after the funeral of my MotherResponse on behalf of W H Scott & Son Funeral Directors8 October 2018Thank you for the comments left as part of your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.04 October 2018Thanks to all the staff for making a sad time for us feeling very special for our mother Pauline Elizabeth Powell and us. Help with planning and making good decisions when our minds were all over the place.
Thanks very much ..Response on behalf of W H Scott & Son Funeral Directors4 October 2018Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on your online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.03 October 2018From start to finish this was a great service that they provided. little touches like a phone call asking if everything was ok. reviews and suggestions for order of services.
can't thank them enough for all they have done. Truly a 5 star serviceResponse on behalf of W H Scott & Son Funeral Directors4 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am glad we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.027 September 2018Super professional, took care of everything and allowed me to focus on what I needed to focus on, faultless in every aspect.Response on behalf of W H Scott & Son Funeral Directors27 September 2018Thank you for the comments left as part of your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you at this difficult time.