Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are funeral directors in Earlsdon, and we are here to give your loved one a bespoke funeral that is personal to you and your family. Our Coventry funeral home was founded by funeral directors Grimmett & Timms in 1934. We became a part of Dignity in 1996. We cater for all religious and non-religious services, with wash and dress facilities for those who require them. We will listen to your thoughts and wishes very carefully, tailoring the service to suit your and your loved ones. Please call us to find out more about how we can help you.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 024 7667 4746 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At Grimmett & Timms Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address118 Albany Road Earlsdon Coventry CV5 6NG GB
Parking and Directions
There is car parking available on Newcombe Street.
We are close to Earlsdon Primary School.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 024 7667 4746 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 9 Reviews
- Rating 5.015 November 2018No worries at this difficult time - they did everything.Response on behalf of Grimmett & Timms Funeral Directors15 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.013 November 2018Thank you for the the lovely service you provided. Special thanks to Karen and of course Sarah who organised the funeral.Response on behalf of Grimmett & Timms Funeral Directors13 November 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.01 November 2018Excellent service. Very kinld and sensitive. Nothing too much trouble. I would have no hesitation in recommending Grimmet and Tims. They made a very difficult time much easier to cope with.
Thank You. 5 stars
Marie Louise PatersonResponse on behalf of Grimmett & Timms Funeral Directors1 November 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.025 October 2018Staff very attentive nothing to much trouble ,and altogether first class service ,above and beyond all expectations ,Response on behalf of Grimmett & Timms Funeral Directors25 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.023 October 2018I was very impressed at the compassion and professionalism shown by all the Grimmett & Timms staff. Particular thanks need to go to Vicki and Sarah who showed real commitment to their work and could not be faulted for how they treated my family.Response on behalf of Grimmett & Timms Funeral Directors23 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.017 October 2018I was very impressed with the professionalism of all the staff at Grimmett and Timms. From the first appointment I was supported in making decisions and was able to sort everything out for my mother's funeral including a visit by family members to the Chapel of Rest. The latter was a particularly difficult visit but my mum had been attended to in a very caring way,so I need not have worried. The funeral itself was well organised and arranged and the staff who attended on that day, including the driver of the funeral car, were sensitive and very helpful. I chose to use Grimmet and Timms for my mum's funeral because they had been my funeral directors of choice for my father's funeral, over twenty years ago. I chose them then because they were a local firm. They still have the same sense of responsibility to their clients that they had then and I cannot thank them enough for helping me and my family through this difficult time.Response on behalf of Grimmett & Timms Funeral Directors17 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family and that we were able to help ease any worries that you may have had.
- Rating 5.013 October 2018Our Funeral Arranger, Vicky, was amazing from start to finish. She was incredibly supportive to both my brother and I throughout the whole process and showed a genuine interest in Dad and the kind of person he was. She advised appropriately, never forcing a view or opinion, but gently guided us throughout a series of sensitive and difficult decisions. Despite dealing with many families, I am sure, she always made us feel as though we were the most important people she was managing.
On the day, our Funeral Director Sarah, was equally as amazing. She made us feel that there was no rush and allowed us to take our time in saying our goodbyes. She ensured the whole service ran smoothly and that our wishes were carried out to the letter, having contacted me before to clarify all of this.
These two ladies made, what was a very difficult time for the family, more manageable and they contributed greatly to making sure that Dad had the best send off imaginable. They are professional but with a very warm and human touch. I could not recommend them highly enough.Response on behalf of Grimmett & Timms Funeral Directors15 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family and that we provided the highest level of care and guidance at this difficult time.
- Rating 5.02 October 2018Very understanding staff at an emotional time. Guided us through the funeral arrangements at a pace that suited us, didn’t rush us into decisions we had to make.Response on behalf of Grimmett & Timms Funeral Directors2 October 2018Thank you for the comments left as part of your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family.
- Rating 5.028 September 2018excellent Service,
Everything was taken care off,could not be betterResponse on behalf of Grimmett & Timms Funeral Directors28 September 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.