Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are Dyson Richards Funeral Directors in Shirley, Solihull. We are honoured to have been trusted by the families of Shirley and the rest of Solihull for more than 40 years in their time of need. We understand that losing someone you love is never easy. You may feel confused or even overwhelmed by what comes next, but we are here to help and guide you as and when you need it. How you want to say farewell to your loved one is completely your choice. Whether you prefer a cremation, a traditional or religious funeral, a contemporary ceremony like a woodland or humanist burial or something completely bespoke and special, we will arrange it for you. Our funeral home has two individual chapels of rest, should you wish to spend time with your loved one before the day of the funeral. We will do everything we can to make this time a little easier for you and your family, no request is too big or small. If you need advice, support or just someone to talk to, please know that our phone line is always open, day or night. We are here for you. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 0121 744 1006 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At Dyson Richards Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address457 Stratford Road Shirley B90 4AA GB
Parking and Directions
There is parking available at our funeral home.
We can be found next to the BP Filling Station, set back from the road.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 0121 744 1006 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 5 Reviews
- Rating 5.06 November 2018A professional service from start to finish. We felt they genuinely understood what we were going through and made the whole process as stress free as possible.Response on behalf of Dyson Richards Funeral Directors7 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.02 November 2018I only dealt with one person, Donna, who I cannot fault in anyway. She made a stressful situation much easier to deal with, very relaxed, caring and pleasant.
I would not hesitate to recommend them.Response on behalf of Dyson Richards Funeral Directors5 November 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.025 October 2018Dawn was extremely professional and helpful with the organising of my Dad's funeral and she was always there if I needed to speak to her about something. The staff on the day of the funeral were also very professional and very well presented. I would also like to say that Karen was very kind to us all on the day.Response on behalf of Dyson Richards Funeral Directors25 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.022 October 2018The staff were very respectful but also very friendly and made the funeral process more bearable.
The room my friend and I were taken into to go through the details was very pleasant. We were given a cup of coffee/ tea before we started.
I was phoned with updates for the order of service,so I knew everything was going to be how I wanted it and nothing left to chance.
I knew that I could phone at any time just for a chat.
At the crematorium the lady was amazingly compassionate and made sure I knew what was happening.
One tiny thing I noticed is that one of the coffin bearers could have done with polishing his shoes better!!
Not dirty but rather dull! Otherwise I couldn’t fault the service. Thankyou.Response on behalf of Dyson Richards Funeral Directors30 October 2018
Thank you for your review.
I am very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the service you received from us.
Thank you also for your comments about the bearers shoes, I will ensure it is addressed.
- Rating 5.029 September 2018Excellent service. Very sympathetic yet fully professional and covered all aspects of my needs. Would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who needs to arrange a funeral.Response on behalf of Dyson Richards Funeral Directors1 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.