Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
At J E Spence Funeral Directors we believe that life with those we love is deeply personal, and a funeral should be no different. We want to help you to give your loved one the perfect farewell. We will listen carefully to your requests and help to arrange a funeral service that is truly befitting of your loved one. We have many years of experience in conducting funeral services to our cherished local community in Leeds, and we will use this expertise to ensure that every single detail is just as you want it to be. Our funeral home is able to provide a complete catering service should you require it, and you can rest assured that you will receive our full support every step of the way, including any advice or guidance you may need. When you need us the most, we will never be more than a phone call away. You can reach us at any time of the day, whenever is most suitable for you. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 0113 268 2842 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At J E Spence Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
AddressLawnswood Funeral Home Otley Road, Adel Leeds LS16 8AA GB
Parking and Directions
The is a large, free public car park at the front of the funeral home.
We are situated directly opposite Lawnswood Crematorium.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 0113 268 2842 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 2 Reviews
- Rating 5.04 December 2018Excellent service from James who went above and beyond the call of duty. Nothing too much trouble and we knew we were in very safe hands at such a stressful family time. Thank you.Response on behalf of J E Spence Funeral Directors4 December 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.017 October 2018From the moment we rang following my father's death we felt very supported. The staff were very helpful in arranging the funeral to fit with close relatives from abroad. We appreciated flexibility with the details of the funeral service, which enabled friends and family to be very involved. Communication was excellent including after the funeral day.Response on behalf of J E Spence Funeral Directors17 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that you and your family were so well looked after and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.