Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are F W Jones Funeral Directors in Chippenham, and are here to help make a difficult time a little easier for you and your family. We love the community we serve and have a wealth of local knowledge, as well as many decades of funeral expertise passed down over the generations. Our founder, Frederick William Jones, was born in 1904 in the village of Studley. He began working life as a cabinetmaker, and loved football as a keen supporter of Chippenham Town FC. His skill set equipped him to do a funeral undertaking apprenticeship at E Wootten & Son, before he decided to start his own caring and professional funeral services. It was not long before he became a popular and valued part of the community. Three generations later, the Jones family are still part of our funeral directors today. We have a warm and welcoming funeral home with large windows and beautiful paintings of 'old Chippenham'. We have an impeccable Coleman Milne Mercedes fleet, which you can use for your loved one's funeral service if you wish. We have strong ties with the community we love; we are located close to West Wiltshire Crematorium, St. Paul's Church and St. Andrew's Church, where we hold a Christmas memorial service every year with around 300 people attending in memory of their loved ones. We are here for you, no matter what, and you can call us 24 hours a day. Please get in touch as soon as you need advice or assistance.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01249 652525 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At F W Jones Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address30 Market Place Chippenham SN15 3HP GB
Parking and Directions
There is parking on the main road for up to one hour.
Please see our map or get in touch if you need help with directions.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01249 652525 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 11 Reviews
- Rating 5.022 November 2018My family and I were very pleased with the service Fw Jones gave us while arranging my Father's funeral they were very kind and thoughtful and Adam made the whole process go faultlessly and the funeral went off just as we hoped.
David JEFFERIESResponse on behalf of F W Jones Funeral Directors23 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.019 November 2018I found both Abby and mike went above and beyond in helping me deal with my father’s funeral. Nothing was too much trouble, they advised me over every detail of the way and made me feel supported and comforted during what was a very emotional time. I cannot praise them highly enough and would definitely recommend others to use their services.Response on behalf of F W Jones Funeral Directors20 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that the arrangements for your father were carried out to your satisfaction and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.015 November 2018Due to logistics we used two funeral directors:
Mike Jones at FW Jones to arrange my mothers passing and transport from Chippenham to Dorset where and everything went smoothly.
Excellent service.Response on behalf of F W Jones Funeral Directors15 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.05 November 2018Everything that you need from a funeral directors. The service was excellentResponse on behalf of F W Jones Funeral Directors6 November 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.01 November 2018From the moment we contacted F W Jones we have had the most amazing care. We were treated with kindness and consideration and gently taken through all that needed to be done. Tiny details were remembered and acted on. It was lovely to deal with people who had known my mother, it made it very personal. This is the advantage of having a family firm in the town. F W Jones also managed my father's funeral nine years ago with equal courtesy and kindness.
Daphne SmithResponse on behalf of F W Jones Funeral Directors1 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.016 October 2018Many thank you's to Michael and Adam who were very professional and helpful.The service was exactly what I wanted and again thanks to the celebrant who printed me a copy of the whole service (to send to my daughter who couldn't be there).A very sad day made easier by you.Thank you.Response on behalf of F W Jones Funeral Directors17 October 2018Thank you for the comments left as part of your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.020 September 2018Excellent service all round.Response on behalf of F W Jones Funeral Directors20 September 2018Thank you for your online review. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.05 September 2018Polite and understanding of our loss without being patronising. Explaining all options available to us and allowing the family the time to make decisions. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I would highly recommend them to anyone. A very professional and respectful approach to the job in hand.Response on behalf of F W Jones Funeral Directors6 September 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family.
- Rating 5.022 August 2018We cannot thank you enough for the wonderful service when arranging and carrying out our Mum's funeral.
We didn't really know much about what to organise and you were very helpful with all your advice and suggestions including the celebrant.
We asked for a few changes and enhancements to the draft order-of-service and the finished product was perfect.
Everyone was very professional whilst at the same time there was a feeling of caring about both the deceased and those remaining.
We will not hesitate to recommend you in the future should someone need your service in the future.
Thanks againResponse on behalf of F W Jones Funeral Directors22 August 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family and that that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.09 August 2018I thought the service provided was excellent and could not be faulted. Nothing was too much trouble and we were offered good guidance and ideas on every aspect of the funeral which was a tremendous comfort.Response on behalf of F W Jones Funeral Directors10 August 2018We have received your online review. I am glad we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.030 July 2018Sally Reid was wonderful we wouldn’t have gotten through it without her support and professionalism. Thank youResponse on behalf of F W Jones Funeral Directors30 July 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.