Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
From our funeral home on Covingham Drive, G & L Evans Funeral Directors has been giving an unrivalled standard of funeral care to Covingham for many years. You can find us a few miles east of Swindon town centre and neighbouring the communities of Dorcan, Stratton, Walcot and Wanborough. We love Wilshire, and are proud have three of our funeral homes in the area. Our other two funeral homes can be found in Faringdon and Highworth. It is our responsibility to make things easier for you during this difficult time and take the weight off your shoulders. We will work with you to make a ceremony that is a reflection of your loved one’s personality. Using our expertise and knowledge, we will understand your every wish, and arrange a special and distinctive goodbye. We have experience of organising funerals of every type, whether it is an uplifting commemoration, a traditional or religious or a particular goodbye to match your needs. Our team are here to help you 24 hours a day. Please give us a call at any time, day or night can we can assist and guide you during this difficult time. With our trust and understanding, you can expect a professional yet completely bespoke service from our Swindon funeral directors. Please call us no matter what time of day.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01793 526999 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At G & L Evans Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address4 Covingham Square Swindon SN3 5AA GB
Parking and Directions
There is a free public car park in front of the funeral home.
We are in a parade of shops off the Piccadilly roundabout, next to the recycling banks and The Messenger pub.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01793 526999 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 2 Reviews
- Rating 5.06 October 2018We are most grateful for the caring and respectful process that G & L Evans provided after our loss.
From the first response to the funeral service, the attention to detail from the staff was really appreciated by my whole family.
Your service was first class.Response on behalf of G & L Evans Funeral Directors8 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.020 September 2018My family, including myself, were so pleased with the service provided at such a difficult time. We used the Covinham branch of the company and nothing was too much trouble. The attention to detail was excellent and it meant that the whole service was just as we had planned. The staff even managed to find particular music we requested even though it was not readily available.
I would say a five star service.Response on behalf of G & L Evans Funeral Directors21 September 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you and your family with the care and support needed at this time and that your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.