Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are C S Bowyer Funeral Directors in Trowbridge, and we are here to give you our uncompromising kindness and support, to help make a difficult time a little easier for you and your family. Our Wiltshire funeral directors can be traced back to 1881, when we were founded by H S Bowyer, who was renowned for his beautifully conducted funerals and impeccable memorial masonry. We understand that life with the ones you love is deeply personal, so a farewell should be no different. From choosing your favourite flowers, to the hearse you want for the procession, as your Dignity funeral directors, we will make sure everything is just as you want it. If you think an alternative type of service is fitting for your loved one, such as a green funeral, then we will be able to make all of the arrangements for you. We can also offer repatriation services, and a range of tributes, such as stationery and jewellery. You are not alone, so please give us a call and we will do everything we can to help you.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01225 768846 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At C S Bowyer Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address3 St Thomas Road Trowbridge BA14 8SF GB
Parking and Directions
If you need advice on parking, please give us a call so we can help you.
For help with directions, see the map or get in touch.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01225 768846 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 3 Reviews
- Rating 5.015 August 2018We can’t thank them enough for everything they did for our family at the worst time really helpful people supportive and listened to what we neededResponse on behalf of C S Bowyer Funeral Directors16 August 2018Thank you for the comments left as part of your online review. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.027 July 2018The staff at CS Bowyer were very helpful, kind, thoughtful & efficient throughout the arrangements. The funeral service was exellently arranged & all guests remarked on what a good send-off it was. The only downside was that the total cost of the funeral had increased by about 50% since my mothers funeral 6 years ago.Response on behalf of C S Bowyer Funeral Directors3 August 2018Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the service you received from us. I note your comments with regard to the increase in the cost of the funeral - I will look into this further and contact you - Client Service Manager
- Rating 5.025 July 2018I was very pleased with the quality of service at my mother in laws funeral everything and more was done for her and our family to ensure it was all how we wanted it to be .Response on behalf of C S Bowyer Funeral Directors26 July 2018Thank you for taking the time to return your online review. I am pleased that we were able to provide such a high level of service at branch and that all of your requests were carried out as you has wished. Dignity Client Care Team.