Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are David Stockwell & Co Funeral Directors in Monmouth, and with our uncompromising compassion and expertise, we will make a difficult time a little easier for you and your family. We cater for all kinds of funerals; whether you think a religious, non-religious or alternative service is most fitting, we will always be able to help you. From a traditional service in a place of worship, to a colourful woodland burial in a forest, your options when it comes to saying farewell are limitless. As Dignity funeral directors, you can put your trust in our wealth of knowledge and experience, as well as the strict codes of practice we follow as members of the National Association of Funeral Directors. Our team of professionals will guide you through any decisions you need to make, giving you kindness and respect every step of the way. Above all, we want nothing more than to take care of everything for you, so your loved one's farewell is special and personal to you and your family. We are here to help you 24 hours a day, so please call us at any time. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01600 712750 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At David Stockwell & Co Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address16 Glendower Street Monmouth NP25 3DG GB
Parking and Directions
There is car parking available on surrounding streets.
If you need help finding our funeral home, please see our map or give us a call.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01600 712750 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 4.7based on 4 Reviews
- Rating 5.07 December 2018David Stockwell & co funeral directors were compassionate to our needs and the wishes expressed of mum at her time of passing. Our thanks to the lovely driver of the limousine who made the difficult journey to and from the crematorium less daunting.Response on behalf of David Stockwell & Co Funeral Directors10 December 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am happy to hear that we were able to help ease any worries that you may have had.
- Rating 4.029 October 2018From start to finish the service provided was excellent, caring and took into account my exact needs. Advice was given in a very sensitive way which helped to guide me through the decision making process that ended in me giving my beautiful wife the best service I could have hoped for.Response on behalf of David Stockwell & Co Funeral Directors30 October 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am pleased that the arrangements for your wife were carried out to your satisfaction and that we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed at this difficult time.
- Rating 5.027 September 2018Provided a flexible and economic service with minimum fuss or hassle.Response on behalf of David Stockwell & Co Funeral Directors27 September 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.022 August 2018wonderful sympathetic and understanding staff.Response on behalf of David Stockwell & Co Funeral Directors23 August 2018Thank you for your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.