Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
At D J Forse & Co Funeral Directors, we give the community of Whitchurch in Cardiff a standard of funeral care that is second to none. We are here for you every step of the way. From the moment you pick up the phone or visit our funeral home, we will be your shoulder to lean on. We have many years of experience in arranging beautiful and meaningful farewells, so you can trust us to make your loved one’s goodbye truly special. By getting to know you and the way your loved one lived their life, we will tailor the day, so it is a lasting tribute for all those who attend. You can choose every aspect of the funeral to suit your preferences, from the music, to the floral arrangements or anything else that will make it a personal send off. We have experience of dealing with all religious, non-religious and contemporary ceremonies. So you can trust us to meet all your needs. Our funeral home is on Merthyr Road, just down the road from the Three Elms pub. To find us using a SatNav, please use the following postcode - CF14 1JE. We are easily accessible to the whole of Cardiff, Neighbouring the areas of Melingriffith, Llandaff North, Danescourt, Llandaff, Mynachdy and Birchgrove. Our team is here for you, 24 hours a day, all you have to do is call us. We are here to give you advice, support you and answer any questions you have. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 029 2052 2633 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At D J Evans Forse & Co Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
AddressWhitchurch Funeral Home Whitchurch Common Cardiff CF14 1DU GB
Parking and Directions
We have car parking available at the rear of our funeral home.
You can find us by Whitchurch Common, just down from The Three Elms pub.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 029 2052 2633 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 8 Reviews
- Rating 5.014 December 2018First I would like to say a big heartfelt thank you to Lee, he made my husbands passing less stressful for me. Lee was at the end of the phone if I needed to ask anything at all .Everything I asked for was carried out to perfection .All I can say is thank you D J Evans Forse & Co Funeral Directors
Whitchurch .Response on behalf of D J Evans Forse & Co Funeral Directors14 December 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.05 December 2018Overall excellent service - everything was taken care of and carried out as requestedResponse on behalf of D J Evans Forse & Co Funeral Directors6 December 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.
- Rating 5.03 December 2018We used D J Evans Force recently for our mothers funeral, and found them very professional and the funeral went with out a hitch.
Thoroughly recommendedResponse on behalf of D J Evans Forse & Co Funeral Directors4 December 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that the arrangements for your Mother were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.029 November 2018The whole operation was thoroughly professional and made getting through the process much easier than it could have been. The initial discussions were very easy, the more difficult subtleties were handled well and the aftercare was excellent. All of our guests at the funeral all said that they thought it went well as a quiet, simple farewell was what my mother wanted and that is what we asked for.Response on behalf of D J Evans Forse & Co Funeral Directors30 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.023 October 2018I have used D J Evans Forse & Funeral Directors twice within the past 12 months. The service has been second to none. The Funeral Director showed compassion, sympathy and empathy to myself and other family members. They provided dignity in they way they spoke to me and reassured me that the service will be my service which is what is was.
They arranged for a Celibate who was brilliant and helped us through a very difficult time. They listened to what we had to say about the deceased and wrote a fantastic Eulogy which brought a smile, tear and laughter for everyone that was present.
I cannot express how pleased I was with all the staff that dealt with the service.Response on behalf of D J Evans Forse & Co Funeral Directors23 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.020 October 2018The staff at D J Evans & Forse were friendly and professional and complied with my wishes and instructions in a dignified manner, providing an exemplary service. I would not hesitate to recommend them and cannot thank them highly enough.Response on behalf of D J Evans Forse & Co Funeral Directors22 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.027 September 2018Courteous and professionalResponse on behalf of D J Evans Forse & Co Funeral Directors28 September 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.021 September 2018Excellent service all round from beginning to end very professional, compassionate and caring staff . Everything went smoothly on the day of funeral and everyone commented on what a lovely service and how organised the day was.Response on behalf of D J Evans Forse & Co Funeral Directors21 September 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you and your family were so well looked after by our team, and that that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.