Shortlands Funeral Directors
Established in 1871, Francis Chappell & Sons has a long history of arranging funerals in Shortlands and the surrounding areas.
If you need to arrange a funeral in Shortlands, or are looking to talk to a local funeral director about pre-paid funeral plans, we have three funeral homes nearby.
These can be found in Beckenham, Downham and Bromley. Whichever you choose, you can rest assured that our team will do whatever they can to meet your needs – whether that is caring for your loved one with the utmost dignity and respect or guiding you through the different funeral plans we offer.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to a member of our team, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Our Shortlands Funeral Directors
Our Shortlands Funeral Directors Offer:
- An in-depth knowledge of Shortlands and the surrounding areas
- The choice of a cremation or burial in nearby crematoria or cemeteries
- Connections with local businesses to arrange flowers, service cards and more
- Quality facilities where we will care for your loved one until the day of the funeral
- A peaceful chapel of rest where you can visit your loved one
- Funeral vehicles, including hearses, limousines and alternative options
- Memorials, such as headstones and urns, that you can choose from at an additional cost
- A choice of funeral plans, should you wish to arrange and pay for your own funeral
Frequently asked questions
When someone dies, the first steps will depend on how and where the person passed away. Our step-by-step guides will walk you through the practical steps. For additional support and personal advice, please get in touch with us.
Third party funeral costs are additional charges which we will manage for you and attach to your single invoice. Get in touch with us to confirm costs and plan a funeral to fit your budget.
You don't have to make an appointment at our funeral homes. However, doing so will ensure that someone can be available to cater to your needs. When arranging a funeral, our Funeral Directors are happy to visit you in your own home, if required.
If you choose to arrange the funeral with us, you will be given the option of a complimentary Funeral Notice. We will set it up for you using the details discussed during the arrangements. All we need is an email address.
A pallbearer is one of usually four or six people who carry, or help transport, the coffin, throughout the stages of a funeral. Coffins are often moved on wheeled biers; but bearers are still needed.