Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
Derek Moss Funeral Directors in Silksworth, Sunderland, are here to help you plan a bespoke, personal funeral service to celebrate your loved one's life. Our funeral home in Silksworth is easy to reach from the surrounding areas of Thunstall, Lakeside and Beckwith Green. Our premium facilities have been renovated to include two chapels of rest and a reception area to accommodate the families in our care. We will work closely with you to plan the funeral service for your loved one, making the arrangements on your behalf to help alleviate any stress. We want to make sure the service is just as you want it to be. We are here to support you 24 hours a day. You can reach us at any time that is convenient to you by calling us on 0191 523 8007. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 0191 523 8007 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At Derek Moss Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address1 and 1a Castlereagh Street Silksworth Sunderland SR3 1HJ GB
Parking and Directions
Parking is along the street where the Pharmacy is located.
We are situated on Silksworth Terrace Street; the first building after the Pharmacy.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 0191 523 8007 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||10:00 - 15:00|
|Tue||10:00 - 15:00|
|Wed||10:00 - 15:00|
|Thu||10:00 - 15:00|
|Fri||10:00 - 15:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 2 Reviews
- Rating 5.030 November 2018Very professional and caring with great supportResponse on behalf of Derek Moss Funeral Directors30 November 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.013 November 2018The service was excellent we received from all staff Thank you xResponse on behalf of Derek Moss Funeral Directors14 November 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.