Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are A V Band Funeral Directors in Worcester, and we are based in a beautiful building with golden lettering on our frontage, in the heart of the town centre. Our funeral directors are well known and valued as part of our Worcester community, because of the caring nature of our team and the impeccable standards of funerals we conduct. Our funeral home has recently been refurbished with the best facilities to help you feel at ease when you visit us. We have three private, comfortable chapels of rest where you may spend as much time as you wish with your loved one before the funeral. We can arrange all kinds of funerals, and will listen to your thoughts and wishes with compassion and integrity. We will make sure every detail is unique and meaningful to you, your family, and your loved one. Please get in touch at any time; we are always here to assist you.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01905 22892 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At A V Band Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address41 St Nicholas Street Worcester WR1 1UW GB
Parking and Directions
Please give us a call if you need advice on where to park.
We are on the corner where St Nicholas Street meets Sansome Street, with two large trees in front of our funeral home.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01905 22892 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 9 Reviews
- Rating 5.018 October 2018the staff at could not have been more helpful and understood my wishes and provided a service that was wonderfulResponse on behalf of A V Band Funeral Directors19 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.028 September 2018A V Band were absolutely brilliant, at a time when you need help support and guidance they were there for us. Jackie could not have done more down to arranging for Pip to officiate at the service, everyone commented on what a lovely service it was. On the day Darren and his staff acted with such dignity and the day went like clockwork. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend then anyone.Response on behalf of A V Band Funeral Directors1 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family, and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.023 September 2018I have been very happy with the service, very friendly and understanding your needs. I would be happy to recommend them to anyone.Response on behalf of A V Band Funeral Directors24 September 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.019 September 2018A V Band were brilliant throughout their service to me and our family when my husband sadly passed away. From our first point of contact through to the funeral day and beyond they have been helpful, professional and supportive through a very difficult time.Response on behalf of A V Band Funeral Directors20 September 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.022 August 2018The service provided was excellent, very professional yet friendly. Great attention was given to detail & nothing was too much trouble, which ensured that the funeral went exactly as planned.Everyone was helpful & empathetic which was greatly appreciated during an extremely stressful time.Response on behalf of A V Band Funeral Directors22 August 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.021 August 2018The support and guidance I received was exceptional. There was no pressure to purchase more than you wanted and I was helped every step of the way to plan the service.Response on behalf of A V Band Funeral Directors22 August 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance throughout the arrangements.
- Rating 5.021 August 2018I was very pleased with the service provided, it was perfect from start to finish. There wasn't anything I would have changed, dignity, respect, and a little humour which I know John would have wholeheartedly approved of.L ToalResponse on behalf of A V Band Funeral Directors21 August 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that the arrangements and wishes for your husband were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.014 August 2018All the staff, and especially Bev and Jackie, at A V Band showed such kindness and empathy to us and helped us through all the stages which are required at a time when your brain is not working as it should. Their guidance and care gave my Mum a personal, warm and loving service which has left us with such pleasurable memories rather than one of deep sadness.Response on behalf of A V Band Funeral Directors15 August 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested and that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time.
- Rating 5.024 July 2018Faultless, helped make a dreadful time easier to get through.Response on behalf of A V Band Funeral Directors25 July 2018Thank you for completing the online review. I am pleased that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.