Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
At D J Thomas & Son Funeral Directors in Bargoed, we are dedicated to giving you an unrivalled standard of funeral care. Our funeral home was founded in 1908, and we have been honouring the wishes of families in our community ever since. You will receive compassion and support every step of the way. We will help you with all the decisions and ensure the funeral service is unique and a true reflection of the way your loved one lived their life. Since we opened our doors over a century ago, we have organised funerals of all types. So no matter what your preference is, your loved one will get a respectful and dignified send off. For your convenience, we have a service chapel, which can hold up to 120 family and friends. In the chapel, we have a built in sound system and an organ which you can use. We will cater to whatever you think will make a fitting goodbye. As your local funeral directors, we serve the neighbouring towns and villages of Aberbargoed, Penpedairheol, Pengam, Markham and Brithdir. We also have two other D J Thomas Funeral Directors in Caerphilly and Ystrad Mynach. Our lines are open 24 hours a day, so call us at any time. We are here to give you advice or answer any questions you have.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01443 831044 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At D J Thomas & Son Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address4 Hanbury Square Bargoed CF81 8QQ GB
Parking and Directions
You can park for free on Lower Wood Street.
You can find our funeral home in Hanbury Square, and our chapel is 100 yards up the hill on Lower Wood Street.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01443 831044 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 4.8based on 7 Reviews
- Rating 5.021 November 2018The care, warmth and kindness shown by Nikki and the team at D J Thomas and Sons ensured my family were able to grieve for the loss of their family member in the knowledge that any requests with regards the funeral arrangements would be fulfilled smoothly and professionally.Response on behalf of D J Thomas & Son Funeral Directors22 November 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.09 October 2018The staff showed great compassion and professionalism throughout the process of organising my mother’s funeral.Response on behalf of D J Thomas & Son Funeral Directors10 October 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.04 October 2018Excellent service, everything went smoothly on the day of the funeral. Nothing was too much for them.Response on behalf of D J Thomas & Son Funeral Directors4 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.01 October 2018D.J Thomas have organised my mother’s recent funeral and burial. They also managed my stepfather’s funeral two years ago. The service we received as a family has been prompt, efficient and compassionate throughout and we would have no hesitation in recommending them.
R. E. JamesResponse on behalf of D J Thomas & Son Funeral Directors1 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you and your family with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.018 September 2018Samantha Nelson was excellent with the way she treated me & my family at such a sad time with the loss of my husband. She is very good at her job. Samantha makes you feel at ease & the kindness she showed us was unbelievable, this goes for all the staff at D.T.Thomas Bargoed. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them.
Thank you for your kindness. I'd recommend you to anybody.
Jean FaulknerResponse on behalf of D J Thomas & Son Funeral Directors19 September 2018Thank you for the comments left as part of your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family.
- Rating 4.022 August 2018It was hard getting hold of some of the staff took a call to.hesd office to.get a call back from the officeResponse on behalf of D J Thomas & Son Funeral Directors23 August 2018Thank you for your online review. We always appreciate receiving comments from our families, and we are constantly making improvements to enable us to provide the highest level of guidance and support.
- Rating 5.022 August 2018Great service from start to finish.friendly staff nothing to much trouble.would recommend.Response on behalf of D J Thomas & Son Funeral Directors22 August 2018Thank you for the comments left as part of your online review. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.