Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
John Bardgett & Sons Funeral Directors in Ponteland opened the current funeral home in 2010. We have a welcoming reception area, as well as a private arranging room and two peaceful chapels of rest. Our funeral home is designed with your ease and comfort in mind, to make things a little bit easier whenever you visit us. We are honoured to be able to help local families, in the community of Newcastle Upon Tyne, during their time of need. We make the funeral arrangements on your behalf, so you only have to think about how you want your loved one’s funeral to be. Working closely with you, we will take your needs and wishes and help you to plan the perfect farewell for your loved one. We understand how important it is to get things right. You can rely on us to give you any advice, guidance or support you need at this difficult time. You can call us 24 hours a day, whenever you need us most. We are here for you and your family. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01661 822982 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At John Bardgett & Sons Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address32 Merton Way Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne NE20 9PX GB
Parking and Directions
There is a public car park available at the rear of the funeral home.
We are located in the Merton Way Shopping Centre in Ponteland.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01661 822982 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 4.3based on 3 Reviews
- Rating 5.08 December 2018Every member of staff that we had contact with was extremely professional, courteous and helpful. We were entirely supported throughout the whole process, and we were kept fully informed at all times. We never felt rushed or pushed to make a decision, all of our wishes were carried out to the letter and we were very pleased with the excellent and very personal service we received.
On the day of the funeral, Lorraine was fabulous. She took care of everything for us, nothing was too much trouble, and we are extremely grateful for her kindness, help and support.Response on behalf of John Bardgett & Sons Funeral Directors10 December 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 4.07 December 2018Well executed and respectful funeral service. Did not push to sell additional services.Response on behalf of John Bardgett & Sons Funeral Directors10 December 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 4.029 October 2018From start to finish my mother's funeral ran smoothly. The office staff I contacted on the phone were sympathetic and helpful, as was the driver on the day. The Funeral Director was considerate, efficient and professional. He made sure all arrangements were in place and was patient when we delayed in making decisions about details. He ensured my father was looked after before and after the service. I was contacted during the days following the service, to ensure we were coping alrightResponse on behalf of John Bardgett & Sons Funeral Directors30 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed and that you were so well looked after by our team.