The cost of a funeral varies depending on the funeral arrangements you want to make, as well as your location. This guide details the cost of a funeral in Mid Surrey and gives you more information about the breakdown of the three main costs of a funeral.
Depending on the type of service you choose, funeral director fees may vary. Here we give you more insight into what they actually cover.
Third party costs vary by the type of funeral you choose. Here we take a brief look at what third party costs can be made up of.
Optional costs will vary depending on the type of funeral you want for your loved one. Here we look at some of the most common costs of added extras.
Our price promise ensures that we will provide your chosen funeral for the lowest price in our local community.
Find your nearest funeral director in Mid Surrey to discuss funeral costs in your area.
To find out more about our price promise or if you have any questions about organising a funeral, speak to your local funeral director today.
*Costs based on the SunLife (2021), Cost of Dying Report, sunlife.co.uk/costofdying2021
Funeral director fees cover most aspects of the funeral arrangements, though this can vary depending on which funeral director or package you choose.
Typically, funeral director fees will cover:
- Overseeing your chosen arrangements before, during and after the funeral service
- Being present on the day to supervise the occasion and direct all in attendance
- Personal, face-to-face contact to discuss your individual requirements and take instructions either at the funeral premises or your home
- Bringing your loved one into care at the soonest available time
- Modern climate controlled mortuary facilities for the deceased to rest in
- Caring for and preparing the deceased for the funeral service
- Providing chapel of rest facilities so you can visit your loved one prior to the funeral
- Co-ordination of all the required documentation and external funeral costs that are necessary for the funeral to legally proceed
- A coffin or casket
- Providing sufficient pallbearers to carry the coffin or casket
- Provision of a hearse and necessary personnel (limousines may not be included in some services)
- Co-ordination of additional extras such as funeral wreaths, music and funeral service stationery
A funeral director will allow you to concentrate on other things, whilst they take care of arranging the funeral.
Funeral directors’ fees in Mid Surrey start from £1,675 for a Simple Funeral; to find out more about funeral costs speak to your local Funeral Director in Mid Surrey.
Third-party funeral costs, or external payments, are additional charges which will be managed for you and will be attached to your invoice. These payments can vary widely depending on where you live and whether you choose a cremation or burial service for your loved one.
We will prepare, collect and distribute all the required documentation and coordinate external payments for you that are necessary for the funeral to legally proceed.
Some third party funeral costs are:
- Minister or Officiant fee
- Cremation or burial fees
- The interment or interment of ashes
- Memorial masonry
In Mid Surrey, for example, third party funeral costs could be around £1,172 depending on what you choose. Speak to your local funeral director to find out more.
Whilst funeral costs have risen considerably over the years, ‘optional funeral costs’, which cover special requests and added extras, can be around £2,500.
Here are the average optional costs for a funeral in the UK*:
- Memorial: £1,106
- Catering: £450
- Limousine hire: £336
- Flowers: £193
- Venue hire: £282
- Death notice: £86
- Order sheets/service cards: £94
For more information about optional funeral costs in Mid Surrey, speak to your local funeral director.