What are their wishes
Not everyone may express their wishes for their funeral in advance, so this allows you to find out exactly what they want. This can include anything from whether they’d prefer a cremation or burial, to favourite places to drive past on the procession or type of funeral service.
Some other things to think and or talk about could include:
- Music to be played during the service
- Cars i.e. limousines to transport family members
- Flowers or donations
- Charity, if donations are preferred
- Clothes for the person to be dressed in
- Jewellery and whether this will remain on or be returned to the family after the funeral
- Catering – Somewhere for the mourners to go after the service
- Family bearers
You should sit down with your loved one and ensure you write down everything they want; this may make planning the funeral a little easier when the time comes.
It is important to know that you don’t need to have decided on any of the points mentioned above and they are only listed if you feel ready to start thinking or talking about the funeral. Our highly trained funeral personnel are here to advise and support you through all the necessary decisions and most of the families we meet have not previously decided on any aspects of the funeral.
We will ensure that any decisions you make that have a financial implication, you will be made fully aware of before committing to it. An estimate of costs is provided to you upon making the funeral arrangements and you are at liberty to change those instructions should you reconsider your preferences.