Legal Services Helpline
We provide you with access to a legal services helpline provided by Hugh James. It gives you 3 months’ free legal advice and practical support on matters you are facing now and may face in the future.
Free legal advice helpline
Hugh James’ free telephone advice and practical support will put your mind at ease and can help you to understand:
- The estate administration process, including probate
- The role of the executor
- What to do if there isn’t a will
- How to trace assets and missing beneficiaries
Practical help for peace of mind
Hugh James can advise you how to release funds from the deceased’s bank or building society, to help pay for the funeral. They can help manage, maintain and arrange insurance for an empty property.
They can notify credit agencies to protect against fraudulent credit applications.
Dedicated Probate helpdesk
Hugh James’ probate advisors will:
- Check whether probate is needed and if so explain your options
- Inform you of the duties of the executor
- Advise you how to locate and value assets
- Explain the rules of inheritance tax and advise you if it is applicable in your circumstances
Fixed fee probate quotation
If probate is necessary, Hugh James can provide a no obligation fixed-fee quote.
Legal advice on other matters
We recognise that you may have other matters to deal with too. Hugh James’ expert advisors have a wealth of experience across a wide range of legal matters, including:
- Wills and trusts
- Discuss your existing or new estate planning requirements
- Making selling and buying a property easier
- Family and neighbour matters
- Assisting you with the challenges of family life
- Landlord and tenant
- Helping both landlords and tenants with the ups and downs of renting a property
Discounted legal fees
For when more than advice is needed, Hugh James can provide a no-obligation fixed fee quote on all their legal services. As a client of Dignity, your quote will include a discount off their standard fees.
*Excluding Scotland, Jersey and Northern Ireland