Dignity Legal Services membership package
Dignity’s Legal Service membership package is free when you arrange a funeral with us.* If you choose to arrange the funeral with someone else, you can still purchase the 12 month membership for £90.
The 12 month legal services membership package is designed to help people at a time when they it most:
24 hour legal advice helpline
Our free telephone advice and practical support will put your mind at ease and can help you to understand:
- The Estate, including Probate
- The role of the Executor
- What to do if there isn’t a Will
- How to trace assets and missing beneficiaries
Practical help for peace of mind
We can advise you on how to release funds from the deceased’s bank or building society, to help pay for the funeral. In addition, we can inform the local Police and help manage, maintain and arrange insurance for an empty property.
Our team can also notify credit agencies to protect against fraudulent credit applications.
Dedicated Probate helpdesk
Our probate advisors will:
- Check whether Probate is needed and if so, explain your options
- Inform you of the duties of the Executor
- Advise you how to locate and value assets
- Explain the rules of inheritance tax and advise you if it is applicable in your circumstances
Fixed fee Probate quotation
If Probate is necessary, we can provide a no obligation fixed-fee quote.
Our fees are based on the amount of work involved, so quite often they are lower compared to those who charge a percentage of the whole Estate. As a member if Dignity Legal Services, you will receive an extra 15% discount off our standard fees.
Legal advice on other matters
We recognise that you may have other matters to deal with too. Our expert legal advisors have a wealth of experience across a wide range of legal matters, including:
- Inheritance, Wills and Trusts: Discuss you existing or new estate planning requirements
- Conveyancing: Making selling and buying a property easier
- Family and neighbour matters: Assisting you with the challenges of family life
- Landlord and tenant: Helping both landlords and tenants with the ups and down of renting a property
- Parking and clamping: Understanding car park fines and clamping – and when they are legitimate
- Consumer matters: Knowing your rights
*Excluding Scotland, Jersey and Northern Ireland