Questions to ask a Funeral Director
If you are comparing funeral directors, please keep in mind that not everything will be included in the overall price that you are quoted.
We recommend asking the following questions to ensure you receive a high quality service which is best for you and your loved one:
- What is and isn’t included in your costs?
- What services do you provide?
- Can we choose a burial or cremation funeral?
- Would you come to our home to discuss the arrangements?
- Where will the deceased be kept until the day of the funeral?
- Can the funeral be personalised?
- Is there a range of coffins, caskets and urns to choose from?
- Can I visit my loved one before the funeral?
- What happens if I move house?
- Do you liaise with third parties and take care of the paperwork?
- Can we choose the day and time of the funeral?
- What funeral transport do you provide?
- What type of funeral ceremony could we have and where?
- Do you offer 24/7 advice and support?
Other considerations when choosing a funeral home
Caring for your loved one
Collecting charitable donations
Dealing with your loved one's ashes
Coordinating the day
- Meet with you prior to the day of the funeral to ensure all your requirements are met, confirm arrangements and ensure all instructions are correctly recorded and any changes noted and acted upon
- Be present at your side on the day to supervise the occasion and direct all in attendance
- Ensure sufficient pallbearers are available and instructed to escort the coffin with dignity and respect
- Prepare all locations for the service and committal and liaise with any Minister or officiants
- Personally see to every detail, including the collection of cards from floral tributes, charitable donations, book of remembrance and other memorials from the day for you to treasure and keep
Why should you choose Dignity?
At Dignity, we spend time getting to know you, helping you decide on the most fitting tribute, honouring any final wishes and ensuring that it has your own personal touch.
Families choose us because the little details matter to us just as much as they matter to you. We understand this is one of the most difficult times in your life, and we’re here to look after you and your loved one as if you were a member of our own family.
As a collection of the country’s finest Funeral Directors, we are honoured to serve the local communities we are a part of with expertise and uncompromising compassion.
Each and every one of our professional Funeral Directors is committed to setting superior standards and we promise to provide unequalled support, reassurance and attention to detail when arranging a funeral.