How to choose a funeral director:
Your loved one may have bought a prepaid funeral plan before they passed away, so it’s worth double checking this before choosing a funeral director.
Choosing an experienced and professional funeral director will help ease the burden and stress of arranging a funeral for your loved one. At Dignity, we strive to set the highest standards for , facilities and care.
During the arrangements you can expect:
- As much time as is necessary from our local funeral experts and someone always available on the phone 24 hours a day
- Facilities and transport that enables us to deliver one of the highest quality funeral services in the UK
- Personal, face to face contact to discuss your individual requirements and take instructions either at our premises or your home
- Advice and guidance on all aspects of the funeral, including liaising with third parties on your behalf
- Booking and managing the timings of all aspects of the funeral service which will include venues, transport and required personnel – to a time and day that suits you
- Consultation on choice of coffin and any lasting memorials that you may wish to have
- We will prepare, collect and distribute all the required documentation and coordinate ‘external payments’ for you that are necessary for the funeral to legally proceed
- Collection and administration of charitable donations
- Co-ordination of music for the service, floral tributes, service stationery, obituary notices, catering and any other special requirements
On the day of the funeral
You will have an experienced, professional and fully trained Funeral Director to personally oversee your chosen arrangements. They will guide and support you through every step.
- Meet with you prior to the day of the funeral to ensure all your requirements are met, confirm arrangements and ensure all instructions are correctly recorded and any changes noted and acted upon
- Be present at your side on the day to supervise the occasion and direct all in attendance
- Ensure sufficient pallbearers are available and instructed to escort the coffin with dignity and respect
- Prepare all locations for the service and committal and liaise with any Minister or officiants
- Personally see to every detail, including the collection of cards from floral tributes, charitable donations, book of remembrance and other memorials from the day for you to treasure and keep
Services to the person who has died
- We will bring your loved one into our care at the soonest available time using Dignity’s fully trained, regulated people, specialist vehicles and equipment
- We will provide continuous care for as long as they are in our protection, resting in modern climate controlled mortuary facilities
- We will prepare the deceased in accordance to your wishes, dressing them in their own clothes if you wish or a suitable gown. We will also follow any instructions regarding hairstyles and make-up
- We will care for any personal effects in accordance with your instructions
- We will prepare a private and allow you to spend some private time with your loved one by agreed appointment at any time, or we will bring them back home for you to pay your last respects
Hearses and limousines
We maintain a fleet of the highest quality that are available for you. Your loved one can be transported in one of our traditional chauffeur-driven motor hearses, or you may choose from a range of alternative options to suit your wishes. These include a customised VW Camper, Morris Minor an eco hearse as well as horse drawn and motorcycle hearses.
We can provide any number of chauffeur driven limousines from our luxury fleet to provide families with comfort and refinement for a dignified occasion. Should you require a personalised alternative to tradition, such as a fleet of taxis or a London bus, we can make these arrangements for you as well.
We will also discuss specific requirements regarding the processional route for the cortege with you. This may be comprised of a journey that includes treasured memories or personal landmarks.
We recommend choosing a funeral director which is a member of the (NAFD) .The NAFD ensure all of their funeral directors adhere to strict codes of practices, compliant procedures and full price transparency policies, ensuring you receive a high level of service.
Dignity is a member of the NAFD, so you can rest assured that all of our professional Funeral Directors across the UK will uphold the highest possible standards for funeral services, facilities and care.
If you are comparing funeral directors, please keep in mind that not everything will be included in the overall price that you are quoted. We recommend asking the following questions to ensure you receive a high quality service which is best for you and your loved one:
- What is and isn’t included in your costs?
- What services do you provide?
- Can we choose a burial or cremation funeral?
- Would you come to our home to discuss the arrangements?
- Where will the deceased be kept until the day of the funeral?
- Can the funeral be personalised?
- Is there a range of to choose from?
- Can I visit my loved one before the funeral?
- What happens if I move house?
- Do you liaise with third parties and take care of the paperwork?
- Can we choose the day and time of the funeral?
- What transport do you provide?
- What type of funeral ceremony could we have and where?
- Do you offer 24/7 advice and support?
Why should you choose Dignity?
At Dignity, we spend time getting to know you, helping you decide on the most fitting tribute, honouring any final wishes and ensuring that it has your own personal touch.
Families choose us because the little details matter to us just as much as they matter to you. We understand this is one of the most difficult times in your life, and we’re here to look after you and your loved one as if you were a member of our own family.
As a collection of the country’s finest Funeral Directors, we are honoured to serve the local communities we are a part of with expertise and uncompromising compassion.
Each and every one of our professional Funeral Directors is committed to setting superior standards and we promise to provide unequalled support, reassurance and attention to detail when arranging a funeral. Learn more about how we deliver one of the in the UK.
Dignity is a collection of the UK’s finest Funeral Directors, with each and everyone committed to setting superior standards. We serve over 800 local communities through the UK.
Search for a Funeral Director
Dignity Funeral Directors are here to help you in your time of need,
24 hours a day, every day of the year.
At Dignity, we are here for you during one of the most difficult times of your life. We provide a caring and expert service, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We’ll just need a few details when you do get in touch:
When you do get in touch with one of our Funeral Directors, we will arrange a time to come and visit you, or for you to visit us, whichever you prefer. Our caring professionals will then be able talk you through all of your available options.
OUR FUNERAL SERVICES
Choose from a Full Service or Simple Funeral